Tonight as I was tucking the boys in bed and praying with them, Lil J said, "I worshiped God today in the garden." "You did?" I asked. "Yes, when I was out in the garden I saw a green circle. So I stood in the middle of it and prayed and worshiped God", he explained.
When we planted our garden a few weeks ago, I planted a small circle of "climbing" peas so that we can place garden stakes to form a "tepee" for them to climb. I guess he saw the circle of plant sprouts and thought it was an ideal place to worship God.
His comment really challenged me because how often during my days do I pause to worship God and thank Him for Who He is and His goodness to me? Right now when I walk out to my garden, all I see is weeds and work that needs to be done. What a challenge to not get so caught up in the day to day "to-dos" that I neglect to worship my Lord and Savior.
"Except...ye become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven" - Matt 18:3
No comments:
Post a Comment