Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mystery Spots

Yesterday afternoon after playing outside for about ten minutes, lil J was covered with spots and itching uncontrollably. I brought him in the house and changed him, but by last night he was covered with welts. I thought he had just been bitten by something and had an allergic reaction which caused hives.

However, when Michael wakened this morning, he was covered with spots as well. After a visit to our Pediatrician, we have no more clues. He was very perplexed and frustrated that he couldn't give me a diagnosis. He said Michael's spots resembled chicken pox, but lil J's looked like somethiing else entirely. He said if it is chicken pox, then lil J is just having an extreme, unusual reaction to them. So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the spots progress before we know the exact cause.

No comments: