Sunday, November 15, 2009

What is a missionary?

We've just finished Missions Month at church, so we've had the privilege of meeting numerous missionaries and listening to their reports from the mission field. We've talked to the boys about them afterwards and explained that Missionaries tell people about Jesus.

Well, tonight as we were headed out the door for church, lil J asked if there was going to be a missionary at church. I told him no and then asked him to tell me what a missionary does. I expected him to say, "They tell people about Jesus."

Instead, his response went like this:

"A missionary is someone who comes to our church and shows a movie (slideshow presentation). Then they tell us about their Mommy (wife), their kids and all their friends in the other country."

...well, at least I know he's been listening in church! :-)

No comments: