Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cookie Time!

The boys and I spent the entire afternoon and evening in the kitchen baking Christmas cookies. They had a lot of fun. Here they are pictured unwrapping peppermint candies (which we sprinkled over the sugar cookies, after we dipped them in white chocolate). I told them that if they were "diligent" and unwrapped them all, they could use my kitchen mallet to crush the candies. Well, it didn't take Lil J long to get bored and before I knew it, he was off playing. Michael on the other hand stayed to the task and didn't get down until every last mint was unwrapped. When he was finished, he put all of the mints in a ziploc bag and I handed him the mallet to begin crushing. As soon as Lil J heard the banging, of course he came running and wanted his turn to take a whack.
Michael just looked at him and said, "No, Johnny-man, you can't do it because you weren't "liligent". I couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: