Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Lil J

Today is my little Jonathan's 5th Birthday. It seems like just yesterday I was walking into the hospital on April Fool's Day to have labor induced. Here we are five years later and I couldn't have imagined how becoming a mother would have forever changed my heart and life.

He has brought so much joy to his Daddy and me. This morning as I was up early making preparations for his party, I was thinking about all the things I love about this little boy the Lord gave me five years ago.
I love how he is always up early in the morning and immediately comes and gets in bed with me for "Bible Time". This is my favorite time of the day when we sit on my bed together (he has a glass of milk and I have my cup of coffee) and we memorize verses together and do our devotions.
I love when he looks at me and smiles and gives me a thumbs up as if to say "good job Mommy". The Lord has given him such a sweet way of being an encouragement to others. I often hear him say, "Good job Michael" while he's playing with his brother. Since he was 3, we've heard him clapping in the backseat and cheering, "Good job Daddy! You did it!" when we arrive at church. This is such a great example to Michael. Last week, when we were out to eat for my birthday, Michael got the waiter's attention and said, "You did a good job cooking our food. It was really yummy."
I love how thoughtful he is of others and is perceptive to the needs of those around him. If we have someone stop by the house, he is the one who is offering them something to eat or drink. He is also quick to help me with chores around the house or give a foot massage.
I love how grateful he is for the smallest thing he is given or the smallest act of service for him. He is a joy and I thank the Lord for him. May the Lord protect his little heart and keep it pure as he grows and matures.

1 comment:

Charles Wesco Family said...

Your boys are both so sweet, Bethany, and a joy to be with. We had such a good time you all today! Our boys were still talking about it when they went to bed! We also had to play all the games we played at the party with Daddy tonight. :) Thanks so much for all you did to make it so special. We love you all so very much! See you Sunday!

Stephanie