Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Everything looks great!

Lil J's appt with Dr. Downs, the hand specialist, went well today. I actually knew him because I babysat for his daughter Hannah when she was a baby. She is now 13!

After looking at the x-rays, Dr. Downs said that lil J has a significant fracture to the finger (down the center plus the broken tip) which will take 4 weeks to heal. The healing process overall looks great and he said that Dr. Kim did a wonderful job stitching his finger back together. The stitches will come out next Tuesday afternoon.

Lil J still seems to be coping very well and isn't complaining of any pain whatsoever. Each time I ask him if his finger hurts, he just looks at me like "why do you ask? why would it be hurting?" I am grateful to the Lord for helping him get through this and for giving him an incredible pain tolerance!

No comments: