Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bunny Buffet

One of the things I am really enjoying this summer is walking through our "Bunny Buffet" (formerly known as our garden). Each evening after I put the boys to bed, I head out to the garden. I usually pull a few weeds, look for new growth, and examine the bunny leftovers. :-)
Since I've replanted the green beans and sprinkled Bone Meal around the new plants, the bunnies seem to have moved to the lettuce and parsley. As you can see, we've had a wonderful radish harvest this year. They've been really sweet and the boys love them.
Tonight on my nightly walk-thru, I found I have peppers! Jonathan said he thinks we'll be able to start harvesting tomatoes and peppers as early as next week! Yay!
My favorite section of the garden is my herbs. We have dill, basil, chives, spearamint and parsley. The basil, chives, and mint are pictured here from front to back:
It has been a lot of fun watching the growth with the boys. Of course the boys love watching the bunnies enjoy the buffet!
Lil J has been my right hand man as we weed in the afternoons. It provides great time for us to talk about the weeds that grow in our lives when we don't choose to do what's right. He is growing up so much and it is fun to be able to have two way conversations with him and see his wheels turning as he processes things. He is so precious.

1 comment:

Charles Wesco Family said...

Beautiful, Bethany! Love the herb section--all I have growing is dill this year. Maybe next year we can do more--when I have 4 munchkins to help me in the garden!!! :)

Stephanie