Last Saturday the boys helped me decorate for fall. They were so excited and loved setting out all of the gourds from our garden. When we finished, lil J said, "Mommy, you forgot all of the little people?" Little people? Then, I realized he meant the nativity. I explained that we will put out the nativity when we decorate for Christmas. I'm glad he won't let me forget this most important decoration!
This morning, I worked on transferring all of the boys summer and outgrown clothes to rubbermaid bins in the basement and brought up all of their winter clothes. In the process, I pulled out their snowsuits and boots. Before I could get them hung in the closet, they wakened from their naps. As soon as they saw their snow stuff, the immediately started putting it ALL on!



After they were all dressed, they asked, "Mommy, can Uncle Timmy come over and build a snowman and have hot chocolate with us?" Oh my, it is only October 1st, we're going to have a long wait until enough snow flies for that. I better hide these snow clothes fast!
1 comment:
The boys look so cute in their snowsuits!I love how Michael asked where the nativity was.I was recently given an idea for teaching our children about thanksgiving,and thought I'd share it with you.Fisher Price makes a Thanksgiving playset.You can keep it on the table and each night at dinner time read about thanksgiving and the pilgrims and share one thing you are thankful for,and each night add a piece to the little people playset.They sell a mayflower ship as well.I am ordering it to do this with our children.Then at Christmas we do the same with the nativity set.Our kids love it,and love having something to look forward to every evening!
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2053&e=product&pid=38152&pcat=littlepeople
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2053&e=product&pid=42027&pcat=littlepeople
There are the links if you would like to see them! Thanks for sharing your sweet pictures!
Post a Comment